I’ve been doing my best to stay on track with eating well, in an effort to get back to my pre-baby weight.
When I was sick with mastitis it was impossible to eat right and stay consistent with the antibiotics. Weeks later, it is still hard to maintain my blood sugar while limiting carbs and breast feeding.
One recipe that I have really loved is that for “caveman” paleo banana bread. I’ve modified it a bit, and added isagenix to add more protein.
- 4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (140 grams)(or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc butter)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 scoops of vanilla or chocolate isalean
This week, I added cocoa powder and cocoa nibs (with as little sugar as I could manage!), but last week I made it with pumpkin and pecans. I’ve found this stuff helps curb my hunger, while avoiding any spikes in blood sugar.