I try to limit the amount of carbs that our family eats.
With *two* boys who would be happy with pasta every night, this isn’t always easy. Patrick goes into hibernation mode in November, so I try to help him find comfort in food that will help him still fit into his ski pants at the end of December.
One of our go-to low carb meals is zucchini pizza. Before we discovered that Jasper has a milk allergy, I used this recipe without all the veg and topped it with sausage and onions.
Now that we can’t use that one anymore, and I need to make sure that Jasper gets pieces with tofu cheese, I do something even easier.
1. Paper thin slices of zucchini
2. Coat in olive oil, and broil for 5 minutes a side, until golden.
3. back for 10 minutes at 350
4. Top with sauce, cheese and toppings. (We love turkey pepperoni)
5. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is gooey.
Jasper, Patrick and I all love this relatively healthy meal, and who can complain about a kid asking for seconds servings of vegetables?